Monday, June 19, 2017

Donna Died Laughing (II) by Carter Brown

Donna Died Laughing
 

Drew Summers had a quiet, uncluttered life as a theatrical producer and he wondered  it to stay that way. Then The Mostest alias Angela Angelic, hit him with a typhoon. Then somebody got murdered and a couple of thugs beat him up. So Drew bought a gun to be ready for the next time. Drew then bought himself a psychiatrist because his personality changes. 

"Yeah ,I'll say! I am the toughest private eye that ever spat in anybody's eye. When I move in they bury 'em standing up!"

His personality changed and changed......

"As secret agent working for Department X, my mission is quite clear, my dear girl! The solving of the murders is incidental to the unmasking of the beautiful Soviet spy, Olga Pulovsky!"

If it was not for one guy, Drew was another and if he was not him, he was somebody else? The murders? Heck! The three of Drew should not have any trouble solving them, should he?
 

Printing History
written by Allan G Yates (1923-1985)

Horwitz Publications Inc
Numbered Series #29 (1956)
Reprinted by Demand Series #8 (June 1959)

 as Naurava kuolema
Valpas-Mainos  
Alavus Finland (1959)

as Trois Tetes Sous Le Meme Bonnet
Gallimard  
Paris France (1959, 1975)


Bonus Cover


1 comment:

  1. Finally I see proof that this book really existed, lol. Until now I just had it in... Hebrew. Wish I could find the English version...

    ReplyDelete